FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Below are some commonly experienced issues. If you still need help, please contact your local club office.
Unable to log in
- Remember to always use your HBS username (formerly called LEFA) when logging in!
- If you are an alumni NEW to the club, follow these steps in order; skipping a step will not give you the results you need!
- Go to the Login page and underneath the red “Alumni” button, please select, “New to the HBS [Local Club Name]?”
- On the next log in page, click the HBS alumni “SIGN IN WITH YOUR HBS USERNAME” — your username is generally [first initial][lastname]@[programyear].hbs.edu (Exec Programs may have a number in place of year).
- On the next screen (the HBS Sign In screen), log in with your HBS username.
- On your profile page, on the left side under “Personal Profile”, click “Groups & Communities” Click “Communities” to see the drop down list of clubs.
- Scroll down until you see the club you are looking for. Non-regional clubs are at the end of the list.
- Click the “Add Me to Club” button for all the clubs you would like to join.
- Alumni: Must use your HBS username (formerly called LEFA). Please visit HBS Help or call 617-384-5977
- Non-Alumni Account: Contact the club administrator
- Harvard schools share many commonalities across systems, but not all. Harvard Key happens to be one that is not shared across all of the schools, including HBS, but we are always looking for opportunities to improve our integrations across Harvard and will continue to advocate for connections that will make the alumni experience more seamless
Check your membership status
- Once logged in, click the “My Public Profile” link in the upper-right of the page
- Select “Transaction History” from the left navigation
- Click the arrow for “Memberships”
- You will be able to see any current or past memberships you’ve had with the club since 2016
- You can also view your event purchases by going to the “Events” section on the Transaction History page
Unable to select/view the correct member event ticket
- If you are a member of a club, you will be able to see member tickets only by logging in. You can log in anytime by clicking the “Login” link at the top right of the site.
Unable to proceed through an event purchase form
- Make sure you have selected a ticket for yourself. The system will not let you proceed past the Guest Registration page if you are not also registered.
- If you are still having problems, navigate away from the site and clear your cache by going to your browser History. Go back to the club site, log in and try again.
- If you are experiencing problems after clearing your cache, please contact the club administrator.
Not receiving emails
- Check if you are subscribed by going to your public profile and clicking on “Subscription Management”
- Add the club email to your list of accepted senders in your email client (Gmail, Outlook, etc)
- ALUMNI: Check your HBS Profile profile to see if your email is set to private. Your email must be visible to receive club communications.
Unable to access webpage/article
- If you see the message, “The article you are attempting to access is restricted”, this is a page for members only
- If you are a member, log in